Tuesday, January 24, 2006

argh

So after my galloping start on my jaywalkers, I've come to a screeching halt. I've never knit socks before and I don't understand the heel turning instructions at all. Knit to within 1 st of the gap? Does this mean the gap between dpns, or the gap between where I turned on the last row and the stitches I didn't knit on the last row becasue I turned, or the store, or what? And also, "within 1 st" means, stop when there's 1 st left BEFORE the gap, right? So I'm narrowing the number of stitches each time? Then what does it mean, "until all heel stitches are worked"? I guess I'll take a leap of faith based on my own interpretation and if I'm wrong, then I can frog it up Team Jaywalkoholic style... or I'll just wait and see if anybody corrects me.

3 Comments:

  • can you call me? It might be easier for me to explain to you.

    Look here:

    http://www.royea.net/sockdemo1.html

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 4:33 PM  

  • In case anyone else is wondering:

    You're knitting to one stitch before the gap created with the decrease stitch - yes you'll be stopping when there's ONE STITCH LEFT BEFORE that gap.

    Then you do a ssk or p2tog (depending on the row) with the stitch RIGHT BEFORE the gap and the stitch RIGHT AFTER. So yes, you'll be decreasing on each row until all the stitches on the other side of the gaps are gone. And the heel will magically bend!

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 5:27 PM  

  • Thanks guys! I turned my first heel ever on my lunch break! I'm totally bringing it in to Village on Friday to show off.
    ...someday I'll have Tuesday night off... hope you guys had fun.

    By Blogger Cari, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home