Thursday, January 19, 2006

Great idea, Jamie!

Totally non-knitting-related: So I don't have a blog, and when I went to create an account just now, I signed in with my usual boring username, myfirstnamemylastname, and guess what? It was taken! I have pretty unusual last name (in fact the only people I know with my last name are my parents and sisters--no cousins, nothing!) and a pretty unusual spelling for my first name, so I'm pretty curious about this other me...

Okay, now knitting-related: I cast on my Jaywalkers Sunday night and have four inches done so far. My previous attempt at socks was so boring my attention wandered and I ended up naming all my toes, but the zigzag pattern is interesting enough to hold my attention while still being simple enough not to get lost. Yay for self-striping yarn!

I missed you guys on Tuesday! I'm off to Google myself now. (Hee. Sounds dirty.)

Edit: oh yeah, I was working on my jaywalkers at work yesterday, and one of my male coworkers was like, "Is that like knitting?" I said, "no, it's not like knitting, it is knitting." He said, apparently confused by my bamboo dpns, "...but like, with sticks?"

4 Comments:

  • Now you didn't need to create an account to post did you? I thought I set it up that way?

    Funny about the dumb guy!

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 1:03 PM  

  • ha! That's funny!
    What yarn are you using? Will we see you tuesay so we can see in person?

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 5:43 PM  

  • Alas, you will probably never see me again! I am working Tuesday nights from here to eternity. They're looking to hire another person, though, so maybe in a few weeks... If anybody wants to meet up on a Thursday or something, I'd be up for that.
    Oh, and I'm using Opal. Can't find the ball band to tell you the name of the color, but it's blue, green, yellow, white, and pink self-striping.

    By Blogger Cari, at 6:29 PM  

  • I have that blue mohair for you, Cari. You HAVE to come back!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home