Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mardi Gras UFOs

As I was pawing through one of my stash baskets, I discovered my oldest UFO: an intarsia vest that I had knit for my ex-husband in colors that now make me cringe a bit. I had been knitting for about a year when I started it, and it's not bad, if you don't mind turquoise. You know my gauge issues. Well, before I added the edging around the entire thing, I had F. try it on. It maybe would fit a 7-year-old. I never finished the edges, although I'm proud to tell you that I did weave in the gabillion and seven ends.

So, upon the sight of this object, I thought that I should really finish it. After the Jaywalkers, of course. Although I'm not a practicing anything right now, Lent begins next Wednesday. I've decided that one thing I will do during that time is to finish this UFO, maybe a few others, all of which seem to need just a little bit of time.

Anyone want to join me on the UFO project? I thought that in celebration of Mardi Gras on 2/28 we could bring in our oldest UFO's to show off. Then, sometime soon, show them again as FO's.

Any seven-year-olds who want a vest?!

9 Comments:

  • Maybe my boy would wear it! lol

    I'm afraid of my UFO's.

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 8:16 PM  

  • Time to face the UFO's!! Kind of like going to confession when you're a little kid being raised in Catholic church. You don't wanna do it, but you gotta. That's how I've been feeling since I found the beast today!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 8:28 PM  

  • Turquoise is Silas' favorite color! ;)
    Maybe he & B can take turns.

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 8:40 PM  

  • You might want to see the beast before you subject your darlings to it!! But...I'll be glad to turn it over to you both once it's done if they'll wear it.

    By Blogger Beverly, at 9:10 PM  

  • Would it fit one of the puppies? That would be fun! Probably not Winter though my girl is stacked with her 36 inch chest.

    Hmm. This means I have to work on that toddler sweater in the sock yarn doesn't it? I'm not sure. I hid it in the hall closet in December I'm afraid it's going to get me. It probably would still fit the niece even if I finished it now, seven months after her birthday. She's a tiny girl and I was making it a little big.

    I was planning on not buying yarn during Lent though! I wonder if I'll actually make it!

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 9:55 PM  

  • 40 days sans yarn! Maybe you can spin instead...that's my plan once my wheel gets here (said with teeth gritting).

    By Blogger Beverly, at 10:05 PM  

  • I think my oldest UFO is a blanket for my friend's baby, who is now 2... I don't know if I can bear to finish it, it's Lion Brand Homespun and I refuse to inflict it on anyone!

    By Blogger Cari, at 11:02 AM  

  • ooh wait I could finish that pumpkin patch shawl from hello yarn!! That's a ufo I'm happy to pick up!

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 1:12 PM  

  • Not fair to have a UFO you LOVE, Noelle! hehe!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home