Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sock yarn suggestions?

Hi all,
So, my sockapaloooza pal has a preference for vintage style calf-length socks (I'd better start today, the way I knit!) and said that anything with "brazil" in a yarn's name makes her run away. I don't quite get that last comment, but she has another language besides English as her first, so maybe it doesn't translate? Also, she can't wear artificial fibers...any suggestions on a yarn? I wouldn't mind using something a little thicker than the koigu so I can finish before the May deadline!

Thanks for your help...

4 Comments:

  • What about something like this that my friend wrote?

    http://www.deliciousyarn.com/norosocks.htm

    Her name is Michelle if you have any questions.

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 5:45 AM  

  • I have a pattern in one of my noro books that uses silk garden and cashmerino that looks really nice.

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 6:33 AM  

  • Great idea. Noelle, can you bring that pattern to SnB this week for me to take a looksie?

    She likes green, but not brownish green, red, but not pink...so I was thinking of the red STR with a simple cable...May have to pick up the Nancy Bush book on old style socks, too.

    By Blogger Beverly, at 8:56 AM  

  • Toasty Toes is another nice yarn. It's 100% superwash wool, it's soft, I usually use size 4 needles and it knits up fast... On DPN's, I can get a sock done in a few days :-)

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home